28 January 2011

Faithfulness

Deuteronomy 31:6 (New International Version, ©2010)

6 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” 

Online source: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=deut%2031:6&version=NIV

It is not a suggestion or encouragement. Rather, it is a COMMAND to be strong and courageous, and not be afraid or terrified. I have encountered fear many times. It does nothing but paralyze my being: physically, emotionally and spiritually. Further, it eats up MY joy! Instead of having fun and enjoying the blessings in life, I find myself worrying and waiting for an evil thing to happen which will deprive me of my joy, not knowing that in that process, it has already snatched away the very same thing I was trying to protect. Henceforth, and due to sound reason, I will obey this commandment as often as I could until it becomes a habit and an attitude.

Have a good day everyone!


Simply,
Dyes

No comments:

Post a Comment