31 January 2011

Strength

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 (New International Version, ©2011)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.


Online Source: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2%20Corinthians%2012:9-10&version=NIV


Looking at someone who has great faith in God, like a pastor, minister, or missionary, makes it appear that it is so easy being strong and staying in God's will. However, they have constant struggles to overcome everyday; battles that we could not even imagine. But, I guess, they have mastered to depend solely on God. Which is why they are very successful.

What does these verses currently mean to me? How does it speak to me?

Weaknesses are the times that we fall and fail. Yet, we regain our strength when we fall on our knees, put our hands together and look above. It is then the time to acknowledge who should run the course of our life. Thank you Lord for your grace.


Simply,
Dyes

No comments:

Post a Comment